This Week on the ‘Spotify: For the Record’ Podcast, Hear From the Artists on Our RADAR
September marked six months since the launch of our global emerging-artist program, RADAR. Now, with this week’s episode of Spotify: For the Record, we go on a journey of discovery with Andy Sloan-Vincent from Spotify’s International Music Team to learn more about RADAR and the commitment to spotlighting rising talent.
The episode also dives into the music and backstories of five RADAR artists. Tune in to get to know:
- Japan-born, U.K.-based Rina Sawayama, who talks about navigating her Asian and queer identities in music and life.
- Australian merci, mercy, an introspective, self-aware singer-songwriter who has released two singles since working with Spotify.
- Young T & Bugsey, Londoners whose song “Don’t Rush” became the soundtrack to a social media sensation and propelled them to their own streaming success.
- NYC-based J.I the Prince of N.Y, who overcame getting booed off the stage at age 15 to become a national hit, with billboards around the U.S.
- Lous and the Yakuza, a Belgian-Congolese singer and songwriter who can record in every language from French to Spanish to Congolese—and now has an international fan base to match.
Listen to “On the RADAR: Emerging Artists Find their Voice” here.